Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Type - Journal 01


This information was really interesting even though I have heard of all these processes before, but it was interesting seeing how it could function in a design oriented way. I like that it was focused towards designing and not just creative thinking.
Summary: This reading just talked about different techniques to focus thoughts and energy. The MindMap is a strategy that really just has you get all your thoughts out onto a piece of paper. I thought that was really useful because I could see how and where my thoughts connected.
ConceptMap: I hated this. It is a good idea in theory but it takes too much work to really be connected to process work.
FreeWrite: I used to love these in high school. It really helps me figure out where I want things to lead or how to solve a problem. I might use these more for the rest of my design projects
WordList: Kind of helpful, but I think MindMaps do the same thing, but in a better way. It is easier to lose connections when all your words are just in a list.

No comments:

Post a Comment